Going off of yesterday’s blog post, I thought it would be cool to get to know me and my motherhood journey a little more. I found this online Mommy Questionnaire from Tag Questions and thought I’d give it a try.
What is the best thing about being a mother?
This question really made me think because there is so many possible reasons for what I think the best part about being a mother could be. The one thing that always warms me up and makes me smile every time is, no matter how much I get frustrated or how much they drive me up the wall, they can always turn your day around just by looking up at you with that beautiful smile on their face. For those few minutes you forget your worries, forget all the things they’ve done to drive you insane and just be happy and grateful that they are in your life.
How do you feel about every birthday of your children?
It’s funny most mom’s I talk to about this question usually have some sort of response like “It makes me sad” or “I don’t have a baby anymore” or “They’re growing up way too fast!” Yes this is all true, I do feel this way but I look at it like I am so proud of what you’ve become and who you’re becoming.
Tell three things which you had in mind during your pregnancies.
- OMG when will this end
- I’m never doing this again (said this the first time – clearly not true)
- I just want this to be over
At what age did you get pregnant for the first time?
First pregnancy – 25
Second pregnancy – 27
What were your two feelings when you came to know about your first pregnancy?
- I thought for sure I was going to wait a day or two and surprise my husband with some sort of cute announcement. At the time there was a snow storm and he was outside shovelling snow. As the time passed I just kept getting more and more anxious. When he walked into our bedroom, I threw the pregnancy test at him lol (that’s cute right? lol).
- My second thought was PLEASE don’t be twins!
Define a mother’s love in one sentence.
There is no other person that is as forgiving, pure and patient than the love of a mother.
What three reasons made you marry daddy?
- His love for his mom
- He always puts others first
- He is always so quick to help people in need
Which child resembles you the most?
Definitely my daughter.
Which child resembles you the least?
Lol well my son duh! (I only have two kids)
Which child is the most irritating one?
My son on most days BUT my daughter can have her moments too lol.
Which child is mama’s baby?
Definitely my son.
Which child is daddy’s baby?
My daughter is now. She used to be all about me but she has moved on to her daddy.
Who among you and your husband dominates in deciding things for your children?
LOL is this even a question? Of course everything goes through Mommy!
What three habits should every mother acquire?
- Trust your instincts – you and only you know what’s best for your baby.
- Don’t get wrapped up in society’s opinions – I had this huge weight on my shoulders about not being able to breast feed my first baby. We did everything under the sun to try to get my daughter to latch and she just was not having it. My daughter was formula fed and is one of the smartest girls in her class. I have no regrets. At the end of the day my baby girl had food in her tummy.
- Cherish every single moment you have with your kids. One day they will become independent and not rely on you so much.
Well that was fun! I will definitely do the second part of this questionnaire. Let me know in the comments how becoming a mommy has changed you life. Don’t forget to like and follow for more creative ideas!