Bump Journey – It’s a Boy!

My pregnancy with my son was not as intense or as stressful as my daughter’s was. But that doesn’t mean I did not have issues throughout my pregnancy. If you haven’t caught up on my Bump Journey – It’s a Girl! feel free to go ahead and do so! This one is all about the pregnancy with my baby boy.

I found out I was pregnant with baby number two near the end of the summer in 2016. I had a whirlwind of emotions. I was excited, nervous, anxious and scared. I had experienced so much during my first pregnancy that many people were surprised that I would do it all over again. But I knew that I didn’t only want one child. I always wanted two kids. This time around we tried to surprise our parents with the good news. So I went out and bought a PJ for my daughter that said “Best Big Sis”. We decided that we would give her a bath and let her walk around in the PJ’s until someone noticed. What we thought would have been an obvious spotting, was clearly not! We were recording a video for almost 10 minutes before we had to start calling it out. “Hey Guys, do you like her new PJ’s?”…”Oh yea! It’s so cute.”…I responded, “Did you see what it said?”….(they read the PJ’s out loud). My mom says, “You bought the wrong PJ!”….”No mom, it wasn’t a mistake”….”WAIT!!! You’re pregnant?!?!” (Insert palm to face emoji right about here!).

I felt good to finally get the secret off our chest and now it was time to enjoy my pregnancy, right? Wrong! Nausea hit me like a ton of bricks again this time around. I thought to myself, if I can only deal with nausea this time, I would be fine and I would learn to deal with it. *Sigh* wrong again…

I was about 6-8 weeks pregnant, when some friends and myself decided to go out to a Shawarma place and grab some lunch. We were waiting in line and I got super nauseous. I told my friends, I’ll be back, I just need to go to the washroom. As I turned the corner, I collapsed. I felt like I was screaming but no one was hearing me. I was able to wake myself up out of it and get to the front counter  where my friends were.

As soon as I got there,  I completely blacked out and woke up to a paramedic calling my name. It turns out that my blood pressure and sugar was low. I just assumed it was because i was hungry and that I just needed to eat something then I would be fine. *Sigh* yup you guessed it! Wrong again…

Turns out over the next few months, I would constantly suffer from blackouts due to low blood pressure. I was not able to drive anymore or be on my feet for more than 15 minutes at a time.

I had to change things up and work from home to risk not running into any problems. However, the stress from work got to me and I would still continue to have blackouts. For the second time, I was put to bed rest and would have to take an early sick leave from work.

I did not want to go anywhere because I had the fear of passing out. If the odd chance I was home alone, I would not leave my bed until someone came back home. I had fallen so much and hit my head numerous times that I hated leaving the house.

We did however, feel like it was important to get one last day out with our little girl because not only was things going to change for Mommy & Daddy but it was going to change for her as well. We wanted to give her as much attention as possible before her brother would be making his way. We took her out to Disney on Ice and it was the best feeling to see her face and reaction!


Fast forward to the end of my pregnancy. I hit 40 weeks and my boy was snuggled with zero intentions of coming out. So I did the “google search”. I ate endless pineapple and bounced on the exercise ball for like a week straight. One Saturday, I told my mom and mother-in-law, let’s go to the mall and walk laps. We went to one of the biggest malls. I was in so much pain from all the walking. We walked so much, all of us was sore like we just ran a marathon. Sunday evening came around and I thought, well that was a waste of time!

To this day, I feel like this was the most funniest thing about labour. At 4:30am, I experienced my water breaking. Oh my gosh! When you’re water breaks lol it is the GROSSEST thing ever! I can’t even compare it to a heavy pee. It literally feels like a waterfall is coming out of your vagina! I was sleeping and turned onto my side and felt a gush. I shook my husband and said “Babe, my water broke.” He was like, “Wait what?” I’m not sure there is a normal reaction from your husband when something like this happens but my husband decides the best way to comfort me is to grab my butt. I’m sorry but WHAT THE HELL IS GRABBING MY BUTT GOING TO DO?!?!?! lol

I went to the washroom and sat on the toilet waiting for it to stop but it didn’t. When I thought it was finally over, I got up and took a quick shower, got ready and left the house. We got to the hospital and as I was getting out of the car BOOM! Another gush comes out. Every time I took a step it would just keep gushing. I told my husband I needed a wheelchair cause I don’t want to feel this as I walk.

I get checked in and contractions start almost immediately. This time around everything went by so fast. We were admitted into the hospital by 5am and I started pushing at 10:28am and at 10:44am my beautiful prince was born.


My recovery time was almost non-existent with this pregnancy. I was able to get up and walk around without help. Once again, don’t be fooled. You do not forget the pain that you go through, but it’s definitely worth every bit of it. With that being said, my kitchen will now be closed. I feel complete with my family of four and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Do you want any more kids? Leave a comment below and let me know! Don’t forget to like and follow for more Mommy stories.


Categories Mommy Stuff!
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close